Saturday 29 January 2011

River Cottage Dreams

This morning I was awoken by Hubby, kissing my cheek and whispering "Happy birthday, darling!" How nice when your birthday falls on a Saturday, don't you think? I was served coffee in bed, and my present was the entire River Cottage television series, that I have wanted for a long time.

For those of you who have missed this series that was aired on English Channel 4, it is about this fellow here, bearing the ultra posh name Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - and his trials and tribulations living and cooking in the country. The series, which became a great success in England went on for many seasons. It is fantastic for anyone looking for inspiration about cooking and growing organic food.

Tonight, after a nice dinner with wine, Hubby and I will lounge in front of the television and get lost in dreams about buying a large house somewhere in the English countryside, keeping chickens and making gourmet food from our own produce.

Well, that will probably never happen (at least not before we're pensioners) but we're is allowed to dream a little, aren't we?

Hope you all have a lovely weekend too. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment