Sunday 22 August 2010

The American Dream

It wouldn’t be far from the truth to say that my eldest nephew lives for cars – first of all amcars. Personally I belong to those people that view cars mainly as means of transport. Still, I have to admit I was a little impressed when this thing rumbled into the driveway the last time we were over in Skien.


A PONTIAC CATALINA from 1965. It’s not exactly in mint condition, but my newphew has big plans. I think he has bought himself a hobby – on the other hand that was probably what he wanted.
 MEN’S TALK. Obviously Hubby had to admire the 6,3 liter V8 engine. 
 SOME SERIOUS SOUND from the backseat will provide Elvis with the right rhythm to swing his hips. 
 OH, I WISH I WAS IN DIXIE... The car is imported from the US and has probably done a few miles on Route 66. Now it must get used to the narrow winding roads of Telemark. But the Dixie flag is there on the compulsory dice hanging from the rear view mirror. If Catalina should be homesick, I’m sure Elvis has some southern patriotism on his repertoire. 
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land. 

 BIG BONNET. One could probably park an electric car or two on that hood.

Perhaps Auntie will be invited for a little ride the next time we’re over in Skien. One can always hope. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment